A picture is worth a thousand words. See summary of annual health insurance costs below for the past 19 years.
This table shows how single & family health insurance costs have increased from 1999 to today.
Each year the Kaiser Family Foundation (kff.org) surveys employers of different types and sizes throughout the US. The 2017 Employer Health Benefits Survey by KFF is a great tool for any employer to study. It also shows the differences in costs and coverage between small employers (3-199) and large employers (200+).
The 2017 KFF Employer health Benefits Survey shows:
- National Average Cost of coverage for Health Insurance in 2017
- Individual Coverage $ 6690 annual or $ 558 month
- Family Coverage $18764 annual or $1564 month
- Contribution Share (what employee pays vs employer pays)
- Average Annual Deductible for 2017
- Small Firms $2120
- Large Firms $1276
- Number of non elderly Americans covered by group health insurance 151 Million
I encourage ANY employer or employee to visit the KFF 2017 Employer Health Benefits Survey for more Info here.
Steve Donohue is a NH health insurance broker who sells health insurance to employers, individuals and NH Medicare recipients. If you have questions about your health insurance needs please call Atlantic Insurance & Benefit Co. at