NH Individual Marketplace consumers in 2018 can expect 4 things:
- Less Choice- only 15 plans offered in 2018 (vs 42 plans in 2017). With the departure of Minuteman Health there are only 3 insurers that will sell insurance to individuals here in NH for 2018.
- Higher Rates- It is important to know that consumers who qualify for and get a Premium Tax Credit Subsidy will not see their monthly costs change significantly. Unfortunately, for individuals who do NOT get help paying for their insurance will see a SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN PREMIUM COSTS for 2018.
- No Cost Share Reduction (CSR)- The CSR is commonly misunderstood, In ADDITION TO a premium subsidy about half of healthcare.gov applicants ALSO get a lower deductible through what is called a Cost Share Reduction. President Trump's recent executive order ends the CSR which helps lower out of pocket costs for consumers.
- Limited Open Enrollment Window - 6 Weeks starts 11/1/17 ends 12/15/17 (last year it was 3 full months)
See review of the types of plans Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare and AmBetter will offer on the NH Marketplaces in 2018.
Harvard Pilgrim (2 Plans On exchange- additional plans off exchange)
On the healthcare.gov website for 2018 Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare will ONLY OFFER 2 plan designs, one GOLD and one SILVER plan. This is much different than 2017 when they offered 8 different plans. Both of the Harvard Pilgrim Plans offered will be ELEVATE HEALTH. Harvard's Elevate Health is their limited network product. For more info about Harvard's Elevate Plans visit HPHC Website here. Harvard also offers INDIVIDUAL HEALTH INSURANCE directly to consumers off the exchange.
Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield (11 Plans On Exchange- additional plans off exchange)
Anthem has the most options for consumers on the exchange for 2018. They will offer 1 catastrophic plan, 3 bronze plans, 6 Silver plans and 1 Gold plan. Anthem also offers INDIVIDUAL HEALTH INSURANCE directly to consumers off the exchange.
AmBetter (2 Plans on Exchange)
Like 2017 AmBetter will offer 2 plans, 1 silver and 1 Gold plan.
Here are a few resources for NH Individual Health Insurance Consumers.
- List of NH Individual, SHOP and Dental Plans Offered in 2018
- Marketplace Application Checklist
- Visit www.healthcare.gov or call Toll Free # healthcare.gov 1-800-318-2596
- Get ready for Open Enrollment 2018 with These 5 Tips