by Steve Donohue, Nashua, NH Medicare Insurance broker
As many of you know, the Annual Open Enrollment for Medicare begins 10/15/2019 and ends 12/7/2019. See 5 Tips for a successful 2020 NH Medicare Open Enrollment.
- Keep an Eye out for your plan’s Annual Notice of Changes!If you are enrolled on a Medicare Part D RX PLAN or a Medicare Advantage Plan you will receive a notice form your EXISTING plan that outlines any cost or coverage changes for 2020. Plans are required to send this on or before September 30th.
- Even if you are covered by an employer plan you MIGHT want to consider your Medicare options…The NH Market for Medicare plans offers more options each year- and with the increases in employer plan out-of-pocket costs some seniors find Medicare to be more attractive
- Starting October 1st you can compare the 2020 version of current Part D RX plan with OTHER options If you have a Medicare Supplement with a SEPARATE PART D RX or a Medicare Advantage WITH PART D RX please know that medications, costs, deductibles and coverage can change each year. Starting October 1, 2019 you can visit the NEW MEDICARE PLAN FINDER https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan enter your zip code and RX -- this way you can check and see how your CURRENT PLAN and other plans will cover your medications in 202
- Want to change the TYPE of Plan you have? This is what open enrollment is for. Here is a quick list of changes that can be made at open enrollment. Anyone with Medicare Parts A & B can switch to a Medicare Advantage (Part C) plan.
Anyone with Medicare Advantage (Part C) can switch back to Parts A & B.
Anyone who has or is signing up for Medicare Parts A or B can join, drop or switch a Part D prescription drug plan.
Anyone with Medicare Advantage (Part C) can switch to a new Medicare Advantage plan.
- Investigate new plans! Each year there may be NEW Part D RX Plans or new Medicare Advantage Plans offered in your area. If you live here in NH see the Medicare Advantage number of plans growth during the past 3 years.
Year # of plans
2017 12 plans
2018 19 Plans
2019 26 Plans
Remember any changes made during open enrollment will kick in January 1, 2020.
If you have questions about NH Medigap Insurance, NH Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage plans please call Steve Donohue at 603-882-2909.