If you are looking to sby Steve Donohue NH Medicare Insurance Agent August 20, 2018
If you are enrolled on Medicare you may be concerned about the kinds of preventive care that Medicare covers. As a NH Medicare Supplement agent and NH Medicare Advantage broker each year in order to sell certain kinds of Medicare plans I am obligated to complete a thorough Medicare training.
When studying this year I came across this list of Medicare Preventative Services and I thought it would be helpful to share with my clients and the world at large.
Medicare Preventive Services include:
One-time “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit
- Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening
- Alcohol misuse screenings & counseling
- Bone mass measurements (bone density)
- Cardiovascular disease screenings
- Cardiovascular disease (behavioral therapy)
- Cervical & vaginal cancer screening
- Colorectal cancer screenings
- Depression screenings
- Diabetes screenings
- Diabetes self-management training
- Glaucoma tests
- Hepatitis C screening test
- HIV screening
- Lung cancer screening
- Mammograms (screening)
- Nutrition therapy services
- Obesity screenings & counseling
- One-time “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit
- Prostate cancer screenings
- Sexually transmitted infections screening & counseling
- Tobacco use cessation counseling
- Yearly "Wellness" visit
Please know that beneficiaries may have cost sharing if they receive non-preventive services during an appointment for preventive services. For example, if they receive diagnostic lab tests during their annual wellness visit.
If you are looking to see how much NH Medicare Supplements cost for you or a loved one- CLICK HERE to complete our online quote (it only takes a few minutes)- or please call us at 603-882-2909.