RV's are fun! They let people go places - and spend time with family- which is what really counts. Here at Atlantic Insurance & Benefit Company we specialize in helping insure their things- including their RV. Just like there are many different kinds of RV's- there are also many different kinds of RV Insurance. Call us today for a NH or MA RV or Motor Home Insurance Quote.
Here is a great article written by Social Media Expert Noelle Kimball
Top Motor Home Questions to Ask Your Agent
Spring is slowly making it's way here and before you get out on the open road, make sure you have the correct coverage for your RV:
"It's a good idea to consider specialized coverage for your recreational vehicle (RV)," says Foremost Insurance Group Senior Product Manager Randy Sellhorn. "It functions as a motorized vehicle some of the time and a home some of the time—having coverage for both of these purposes typically doesn't come from just an auto policy or a home policy." Here are top questions Sellhorn suggests you ask your agent or broker when you are deciding what coverage to purchase for your RV.
1. Is my optional equipment covered? "Awnings, air conditioners, satellite dishes, LP tanks and bike racks can all be damaged, so ask if these things are covered by your policy," suggests Sellhorn. "Be sure to discuss whether the coverage applies only to originally affixed equipment or if it includes equipment that you attach after purchasing your RV. A good policy will give you a set amount of coverage included with your comprehensive coverage, with the ability to purchase more."
2. Is my personal property inside the motor home or travel trailer covered? "Chances are you are packing your camping, cooking and other traveling equipment for your trip, including golf clubs or other things for entertainment," Sellhorn adds. "You can typically choose coverage for these items as part of a package. The one thing to double check about personal property is sometimes your homeowner's policy can have exceptions regarding coverage for personal property in a motorized vehicle. Your agent can help you figure out your best option."
4. What payment plans are available? "Whether you want to pay in full or in installments, having the flexibility to choose is an important option," offers Sellhorn. "Talk to your agent or broker. Insurance companies offer many different plans such as one-pay, four-pay or ten-pay options."
5. Is towing or roadside assistance available?"Towing and Roadside Assistance is a great coverage to have if your motor home or travel trailer breaks down and can include towing, jump starts, roadside service, flat tire changes, fuel delivery and locksmith services," adds Sellhorn. "Specialized coverage is important and can exceed what you would get from an auto policy. You'll want to be covered 24/7 by experts who have the equipment and parts to help with a bigger vehicle like an RV. Ask if coverage extends to any vehicles you may be towing behind you."
6. What about special coverages for full-timers or vacationers? "Some insurance companies offer these special coverages, which may cover full-timers when they are parked and using their RV as a residence," says Sellhorn. "You can also ask about vacation liability, which may cover you in case you are found responsible for someone else's injury in your motor home while it's parked. Again, exclusions in your homeowners policy may play into what type of coverage you want to purchase for your RV, so take this into consideration when you discuss your options."
BUY RV Insurance from Nashua Favorite Car and RV Insurance Agency Atlantic Insurance & Benefit Company.