Every insurance agent talks about selling RV insurance- but let's remember what insurance is for- to protect you, your family, and your belongings. I came across a great article about what to do if you are involved in an accident with your RV, Motorhome or Camper.
Trusted Choice® offers some great tools for consumers.
Below please see our brief overview of an article by Trusted Choice® on what to do if you are in an accident or need to file a claim for your RV. Before you are ready to file a claim, here are 5 things may need to be taken care of first:
- Get off the road to avoid injury from traffic.
- If anyone is injured, or you are blocking traffic, call 911.
- When talking with police, explain what happened. Let the authorities determine who is responsible based on the information gathered at the scene.
- Be sure to get a copy of the police report this document will be helpful to your insurance agent.
- Document everything that could help you file a claim. For example:
- Take down the contact information and insurance policy information from all other drivers involved.
- Take photos of the other motorists’ license plates.
- Make a note of the time of day and weather
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and any damage to other vehicles.
- Take pictures of your surroundings including street signs and any identifying landmarks.
This is just a quick summary of the helpful info provided by Trusted Choice®. To read the entire article and to
learn more about what to do if you need to file an RV insurance claim please visit the Trusted Choice® Page HERE for More detailed information.
Also be sure to visit our other NH RV Camper or Motor Home Insurance resources here:
NH RV Insurance Quote Page
NH RV Safe Driving Tips
Great Tools & Gadgets for your RV
Reviews of 3 Top NH RV Insurance Companies SafeCo, Progressive and Foremost